The UPSC Blog

Civil Services Exam, UPSC etc.

Expected cut off for pre exam in upsc civils 2012 pt

with 22 comments

• Expected Cut Off for Pre Exam???
  • what can we expect to be the cut off of GEN, OBC, SC, ST keeping in mind the last year trend and this year’s paper??

• i have seen the threads last year also,for a month or so after the exam,candidates keep guessing relatively low cut off and as the time passes by it keeps on increasing…..
  • cutoff should not cross 200 if UPSC takes 14k candidates
  • Guys,I need some help here.. i gave my frst attempt this year without a single day of preps as i wanted to give my best efforts for 2013 and i left my job recently… i am getting arnd 174(64+110) and i have not included the last 7 decision making qstns as i knw only UPSC can provide answers for it… do i have a chance to clear??? shud i start preps for my mains??? thanks
  • it does nt matter for upsc whether seats increase or not they will take same 12k seats as we have been seeing since lat 2-3 years…last year general cut off hovered around 200..but one person i knw was from general cat was saying he was getting 184 and cleared..
  • because last yr many people didn’t  appeared for the pt
    now this yr many experienced people give this exam
    so , cut off should be same as last yr., keeping in mind of no. of vacancy n tricky paper.
  • No bad mood, sustained preparation. expected close to 230 both papers combined. individual was some 85 in paper one and 145 in paper 2. Last time I was confident  and I did clear. This time , it’s not so :(

See this online discussion

Also see this page for analysis and your score submission

Written by upsc aspirants

May 21st, 2012 at 10:25 pm

22 Responses to 'Expected cut off for pre exam in upsc civils 2012 pt'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Expected cut off for pre exam in upsc civils 2012 pt'.

1. I belong 2 ST n m xpectin about 130 combined for paper 1 and 2. Is there any chance for me to qulify this year

26 May 12 at 8:26 am

2. Hi All,
    Is the cut off for Paper-1 and Paper-2 same.
    Or is the cut off taken as aggregate of both the papers.
    What are the cut offs for each category?
    Pl tell me if u have any idea/

3. It would be very tough for you Yan, but you can prepare for Mains in any case; will help you in future if not in this year.

upsc aspirants

28 May 12 at 6:42 pm

4. It is the aggregate cut off of paper I and II.
    There are myths that separate cut off is there but that is not right.
    For Gen it could be like 190 or 190+ and about ten marks less for OBC, SC, ST and PH.
    This is just a rough idea.

upsc aspirants

28 May 12 at 6:44 pm

5. sir i hope i will get in paper-1 70 and paper-2 is 70 so do you think that i will crack the prelims. plz reply

31 May 12 at 12:49 pm

6. i belong to sc category n m scoring between 150-160…. is dere ne chance of me getting selected….

31 May 12 at 4:33 pm

31 May 12 at 5:19 pm

8. hi i am getting around 182.5 overall(70 in paper 1 and 112.5 in paper 2).can somebody suggest if i will clear the exam ? (i belong to obc category)

1 Jun 12 at 12:37 pm

9. civil services prelims 2011 category wise cut off for general – 198, obc – 175, sc – 165, st – 161 ye information RTI se mili hai

1 Jun 12 at 11:35 pm

10. There was no individual cut off for paper 1 and 2……………..and I think last year cut off se +5 or -5 change ho sakta hai because last year 914 post and G.S. paper was very tough and now 1037 post and G.S. paper was average as compare to last year.

1 Jun 12 at 11:45 pm

11. hi…..
    I got 156.5 SC category… May i get the chance to write mains….???????????

7 Jun 12 at 10:59 am

12. expected cut-off this year must be roughly around 145-150….as the paper-I was altogethr tricky and tipical !!!Al the bst…

12 Jun 12 at 8:46 am

13. sir i am getting 80 in paper 1 and 135 in paper 215/400.i belong to ST there any chance?my coaching frens say cutoff will be 230 for Gen catg this tht so?

13 Jun 12 at 5:07 pm

14. You are quite safe; and cut off for general in cs prelims 2012 should be around 190.

upsc aspirants

13 Jun 12 at 9:09 pm

15. hey Friends!
    according to the answer key provided by a prominent coaching institute, i scored 171 pt (paper- I:- 56, and paper -II:- 115). is there any chance for me. should i go for mains preparation seriously ?
    plz, tell me.

23 Jun 12 at 11:54 pm

16. i belongs to SC community.

24 Jun 12 at 1:05 am

17. i belong to sc community, i will get 69 in paper-1 and 76 in paper-2 , total-145. any chance?

30 Jun 12 at 10:27 pm

18. sir,my score is around 180-185 in pre 2012..i blong 2 obc cat..chances 4 me 2 appear 4 d mains??n last yr cut off of obc is around 175!!is dat news of rti authentic o a hoax??coz upsc din declare d cut off..dat is wat i heard..plz rply..

2 Jul 12 at 9:43 pm

19. Kriti u hv every chance 2 qualify..

6 Jul 12 at 10:56 pm

20. All ll clear, dont worry be happy……

27 Jul 12 at 3:17 pm

21. I didn’t make it :(, Expected was 180-210.(SC) what about u guys ??

28 Jul 12 at 11:40 pm

22. guys my brother got doubt and applied for RTI(Right To Information)to know the exact info regarding cutoff..

they said totally after combining both paper 1 and paper 2 we need to get that cutoff marks prescribed..

eg:cutoff is some around 190 say..
    paper 1::50
    ur qualified

paper 1::140
    paper 2::50

ur qualified..

whats matter here is we have to get that cutoff marks after combining marks we get in both papers thats more doubts..

this is the information that central govt people replied for my brother chilland prepare nicely..

all the best guys..